Weddings, Christenings, Memorial Services, Pet Blessings and more… all are among the ways we can support you in your desire to recognize and celebrate the spiritual dimensions of the passages in your life and the lives of your loved ones.
We can help make one of the most important days of your life even more meaningful. Unity is a Christian church where people of all faiths may be married. Rev. Donna Lind officiates at weddings in many locations. You may choose to have your wedding in an outdoor garden, in your favorite hotel, at home, or another special place. Learn more.
Christening is an ancient ritual that predates even the earliest Christian traditions. The rite and the interpretation of its meaning have undergone many changes over time, and today christening is practiced in many different ways. The purpose of Christening is to recognize the spiritual identity and purpose of a soul. In Unity, we look to the example of Jesus as our guide.
In Mark 10: 13-16 we read that Jesus took children in his arms and blessed them.
Christening in Unity is the act of welcoming a child into our world and recognizing this soul by name in its human journey. It is a time for parents to dedicate themselves to raising their child in an awareness of God’s loving presence.
Godparents ~ You may choose as many people as you wish, or have no Godparents. There is no legal obligation or responsibility made through a Christening service.
Spiritual Baptisms ~ For children and adults, we also provide a baptism service.
At the time of the passing of a loved one, many people want a service and don’t know where to turn. We are here to support people in times of grief and loss. We can provide services at the location of your choice. Our services are positive, uplifting celebrations of the life lived. We honor each person’s spiritual traditions.
If you would like to have a memorial service at Unity Chapel, here is some information you may find helpful:
Memorial Service includes:
- Licensed Minister
- Sound Technician
- 2 hour use of Chapel (1 hour decorating/set-up, 1 hour for Memorial Service)
- Choose from our selection of music, or bring your own special music
- Use of Chapel piano for memorial
- Use of tea light candles in Chapel
RECEPTION HALL (up to 70 people)
- 3 hour use of the Reception Hall (1 hour preparation before the memorial, 1 hour reception, 1 hour clean-up)
- Use of tables and chairs for up to 68 people
- Use of kitchen (includes stove, oven, microwave, refrigerators)
- Kitchen Liaison to assist with preparation, serving, and clean-up
- Coordinator to assist with serving and clean-up
- Additional time available at hourly rate
- Please note: Refundable cleaning deposit is required
- Use of our table linen for reception
Annual Blessing of the Animals
For more information, please contact us.