- This event has passed.
Conscious Aging: Cultivate Wisdom, Connect with Others, Celebrate Life
June 10 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Note: Enrollment closes after the second class.
Saturdays, May 6, 13, 20 & June 3, 10, 17. Cost: $60 + $20 workbook. — What has heart and meaning for you now, at this stage of your life? Explore the challenges, concerns, surprises, and joys of aging in this six-week class. Rev. Robyn Plante, a certified Conscious Aging facilitator, will lead the sessions.
Please fill out the paper registration at the church or email Rev. Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
In this multi-week program you will learn how to:
• Explore unexamined, self-limiting beliefs, stereotypes and assumptions about aging and make better, more conscious choices about our worldview on aging;
• Develop self-compassion to cope more effectively with change, worry, and stresses associated with aging;
• Discover and reflect on what has given heart and meaning to our lives and how that informs our intentions for our aging process;
• Enhance connection and reduce isolation from others and the web of life by understanding our shared humanity in the aging process;
• Reduce fear and increase acceptance in the presence of death and dying, for ourselves and for our loved ones.
The Conscious Aging curriculum was developed by the Institute of Noetic Sciences. The focus of the IONS organization is to assist and enhance the transformation of consciousness, individually and collectively. https://noetic.org/experience/conscious-aging/
Session Focus (1.5-hour class)
Each session will focus on listening to our own inner wisdom, exploring ideas from visionaries in the field, sharing with others, and harvesting the gold from our lives. (Centering meditation, journal reflection, conversation circles, and reading inspirational ideas are included in the session format.)
Conscious Aging Session Topics
Week 1—Introduction to Conscious Aging
Week 4—Life Review & Transformative Practices
Week 5—Death Makes Life Possible
Week 6—Letting Go & Creating a New Vision of Aging